On a God-speed Moppet

Writer's note: I wrote this poem a long time ago, last year in October, 2015.  It helped me be more hopeful at times of immense desperation and also I hope this poem does the same for you. 




While the night is young...


On a God-speed moppet;


Haha...


The air, warm & innocent.


I can't seem to dodge,
The one thing I'm trying to forget...


Perhaps, I would rather not! 


Was only a few days:
However, leaving an 
impression of an Eternity.


An eidetic memory that
Reminds of Grasse;
On where lavender fields lay...
Awake-beyond beautiful.
Its sweet perfume...
Lingering throughout the valley.


Even the damned would've felt it! 


But now...
So long...
Feels like an exile,


Such as Dante would have 
felt;
When his beloved Beatrice
got away.


Starting to feel like my mind
Playing witty tricks on me !
How an entire Universe could
exist in your mind !


How I can't seem to 
dodge the very thing that
I'm trying to forget!


Haha...


On this warm & innocent
night;


Even if I am on a God-speed moppet!! 




Comments

Popular Posts