Dream...away...

What is a dream ? 


Why is it important to dream ?


Dreamers live in a different world altogether. We are not talking about lucid dreaming or day-dreaming here. What we are talking about here is about a desire that we hold so dear to our hearts that all we want is for it  to be  materialised  right in front of our eyes. Many might argue that 'dreaming' is not enough; and that one must be 'realistic' towards achieving their goals. However, for a tree to grow-the seed must be sown first. And, that very 'seed' we sow is the 'dream'. We must dream first. Then work towards living it. Dreaming is different from obsession though. It is 'meditation' because it is so spiritual in so many ways... There is this struggle, pain and nerve-recking situations while we are on the journey but the end result of living your dreams cannot be compared to anything in the world. It is as if you have found 'Jannat' on earth itself. All those tears, pain,bruises, falls, they all will be worth it because it would be so beautiful. 



Paulo Coelho rightly said through his book, The Alchemist that, "The possibility of having our dreams come true is why it is all the way more interesting."


Can I worship Paulo Coelho , now? 


He is such a genius! 


My mother's father passed away when she was just in her early twenties. But I have heard many, many adventures of him, travelling the world... my mother would tell me stories about her father... with that child-like innocence in her smile and the inextinguishable fire in her eyes... it is just so lovely to see her reminiscent about her late father like that...to remember him in such light... I wish I met him. It would have been truly fantastic! I miss him, even though I never got to know him personally. But his blood runs in my veins and what he left me with is this craze for wanderlust. The more I hear stories about him, the more I feel familiar with him. This is somehow comforting for me. I am proud to say that my grandfather was a dreamer. That is where he started, he started with a dream and he went on to live his dreams. He lived his life but left us all too young . But the gentleman in his neat suit ,always, lived his life to the fullest!! 


Therefore, from none other than my beloved grandpa himself-I am gonna learn a thing or two from him and I am 100% sure that he would've wanted me to learn these from him and that is to start from a dream, a vision and be courageous enough to live them. 


My dream is to travel the world and tattoo my passport with as many places as possible. This is not all. This is only the surface of the dream. I would like to seek the truth and help people and become an instrument of change. 


What is yours? Are you gonna hold on to yours ? Make sure you hold it tight enough but do not let it slip away like sand and in doubt, always...always... say a silent prayer and believe in yourself! 



Comments

  1. Well said man. You taken after your grandpa for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said man. You taken after your grandpa for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha :D u be my travel partner for life ! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts