I wonder...

Somewhere,you must be
Looking at the same night sky;
Full of bright distant stars.
Silent but burning bright,
Endless,immense-
Bright like our souls.
I dream about you,
And when morning arrives;
I wonder if you dream about me too?

I sit here...
In the dead of the night,
Pondering upon what we could've been...
If fate wasn't in a hurry to separate our paths.
And if we had more time-
To devote to each other;
We would've known
If we would've sufficed each other-
To hold each other tight 
And feel that magical love,
When winter came.
To be able to feel the warmth of summer,
Skinny dipping somewhere in the Bahamas or the Dead Sea.

I wonder...
If we could've witnessed
Cherry blossoms bloom
When March came knocking stealthily.
And how we could've dressed  each other funny
When Halloween came to say,"Bonjour!"

I wonder...
If all things would've 
Looked even lovelier,
In your electric presence.
If only,you weren't too high and inconsistent.
If only,I wasn't too scared and broken.
We could've had our own paradise-
Would've given each other all the Love,there is.
After all,this world seems cruel.
And I wonder...

If we could've had each other,
This world wouldn't have caved in
And we could've fought-
Strong and brave,
And lived mellow-
In this cruel existence.
I try to see a Kaleidoscope
But I must admit,
That my Universe is bleak
Without you in it
And the stars shine a lil' less brighter. 

Yet,
My fragile heart's filled with Gratitude
Because,
Somewhere you must be
Looking at the same night sky;
Full of bright distant stars.

Comments

  1. Oh! Its amazing, I really like the beginning, and the way you write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece is so good I will like to see you perform it on stage; there are little grammatical errors though in line 45, 47 and 51: kaleidoscope, universe and gratitude are common nouns and not proper nouns hence they cant start with caps when they are used within a sentence. But Jeez; do u lasses always have to write about love? :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts